Chicken is definitely one of the most versatile ingredients out there. The many things that you can do with it has made it a favorite among many a dinner table. You can keep it simple. You can get it all fancy. You can even add your personal touches to it and use your own personalized recipe.
Growing up, I’ve been witness to the many wonderful ways that chicken can be prepared and served thanks to my mom. However, most of these dishes are the usual western fare. Thanks to my work with online casinos at แจกเงินเดิมพันฟรี, I’ve had the chance to do a bit of traveling where I didn’t just get to learn the complexities of running a Bgo casino, I get to be exposed to the different food and culture of the places that I went to too.
It was during my stint at รูเล็ตของอเมริกาต่างกับชาติอื่นยังไง, figuring out how we can better offer free spins that I came across this dish in one of our late lunches. Chicken in coconut milk— now that is something I have definitely not had the chance of trying out before. Never one to shy out for an opportunity to try something different though, I ordered it and boy did I not regret it!
The coconut sauce was creamy and rich and I could taste and smell hints of lemongrass, ginger, and basil in the mix. I’ve only ever tried it once but I have since been trying to recreate the dish when I came back home. I’m proud to say that my attempts were not all in vain.
Fair warning though, there is just no way you can enjoy this dish without a bowl of rice, maybe more. It may be a good idea to get some rice cooking on the side before you get cooking so you’ll have a hot bowl of rice ready to pair with the recipe when you’re done.
So, on to the recipe!
Lemongrass and Basil Chicken in Coconut Milk
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 tsps vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 pcs lemongrass root
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add 2 teaspoons of vinegar to the chicken breast and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a pan and add 3 tablespoons oil. Add garlic, onion, ginger and lemon grass. When the garlic starts to turn golden brown, add the chicken. Add 1 cup of chicken stock or water and let the chicken cook for about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the fresh basil, making sure that the sauce if properly incorporated into the dish.
- Remove from heat after a minute. Let it rest for about 15 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to blend well together. Best enjoyed with rice.